Patwari or Patel are terms used in India and Pakistan for a land record officer at sub-division or Tehsil level. As the lowest state functionary in the Revenue Collection system, his job encompasses visiting agricultural lands and maintaining a record of ownership and tilling (girdawary). Due to their primary base in rural areas, where literacy and wealth is low, they yield a larger-than-life influence in the local community and are notorious for demanding bribe and changing land records at will. With the computerization of land records, their ability to manipulate records has been limited. The Government of India has developed a software system called Patwary Information System (PATIS) which was deployed in at least two districts as of 2005 with deployment at the Tehsil level underway. Patwary reports to Tehsildar or a chief clerk of Tehsils land records. The Government of Punjab (Pakistan) as well develop a Land Software with the name of Land Revenue Management Information System (LRMIS).
Citizenship for MPPEB Patwari Exam
- Candidate should be a citizen of India as well of Madhya Pradesh.
MPPEB Vyapam Patwari Exam: Age Limit
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 18 and more than 40 as on 1st January 2017.
MP Patwari Exam: Educational Qualification
- Candidate should have 8/10th and 12th class mark sheet as well as a birth certificate.
- Candidate should possess graduation degree from any university.
- It is compulsory to have CPCT Scorecard with Hindi typing and computer proficiency. If a candidate does not have CPCT scorecard, he/she can submit the same within 2 years of selection in the exam.
Other Qualifications to be eligible for MP Patwari Exam
- The candidates (Male/Female) who got married before their legal marriage age ( Male - 21 & Female- 18) are not allowed to give MPPEB Patwari exam.
- The candidates who got married instead of already having living husband/wife are considered invalid for MPPEB Patwari exam.
- Those candidates having more than 2 children after 26-01-2001 are not allowed to appear for this exam.
- Candidates involved in any court case are not allowed to give the exam.
- Candidate should be mentally fit to give this exam.
MP Patwari selection procedure 2017 first round
The candidates in the first stage will have to apply for the exam. The application form of MP Patwari can be filled online. Candidates who will apply for the exam successfully will be allowed to appear in the further selection process.
MP Patwari selection procedure 2017 second round
The online test of MP Patwari recruitment 2017 will be conducted for 100 marks. The test will comprise of Hindi, English, Mathematics, Computer Knowledge and GK (with current affairs). Candidates securing the overall qualifying marks in the written exam will be shortlisted for the training. PEB will prepare district wise merit list of candidates. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in Class 12 exam (50 %) and online test (50 %).
MP Patwari selection procedure 2017 third round
Candidates selected for the post of MP Patwari on the basis of online test will undergo training before final appointment.
MP Patwari selection procedure 2017 final round
On successful completion of training, candidates will be posted to the Patwari post. The selection list of Patwari Recruitment Examination 2017 will valid for a period of 3 years. Selected candidates will be appointed time-to-time as per the vacancies available.